Saturday, January 07, 2012

Has it really been

5 months since my last post? I guess so. I sorta lost my purpose in having this blog. Sure, it helps me connect (a little one-sided) with friends and family from a distance. Sure, it gives me a sense of being by announcing my doings, thoughts, feelings, and life to anyone. Sure, it will make a decent family photo journal if I ever get around to Blurb it.

Although each of those has been a reason and a purpose in the past, I've lost a little of that purpose recently. So until I find it again, I will probably post randomly and sporadically. And those who really care the most to follow my insignificant life will keep reading...I love you and appreciate each of you who takes the time out of your busy lives to reconnect with me and my busy-ness.

There you have it...me being transparent about my blog.

Colden, Dylan, Timmy (cousin), and Evelynn sporting the capes Auntie Sarah made them.
December 31, 2011, in Burney, CA.

Super Spencer!!


And while I'm at it...being honest with myself and others...I'm going to share my goals for 2012. I haven't thought them through yet, so we'll see what I come up with.

1. Be better at following through with things I say I'll do. I'll admit it. Sometimes I'm a flake. It's awful, really, to be a flake. The thing is I'll be really committed and driven to do things that are really important to me. But I'll be a bit flakey about other things. It does bother me, and I'm sure my flakiness has bothered other people...especially those who I've flaked out on. So I'll try to be better about understanding something before I commit and sticking it out to the end once I do commit. And anyone is welcome to call me out on it. I'll appreciate the "reminder."
Colden & Dylan playing with the Bubble Wall at the Exploratorium in San Francisco.
December 28, 2011

2. Be a better leader for the children in my congregation. I've been Primary President for 1 1/2 years...and I totally can provide better leadership, especially to the Cub Scout program (so far, I've been really good at delegating that!). I'm learning A LOT about good, effective leadership. Sometimes, trusting others (delegating) is the best way to go. But other times, it is best to be more involved so the people you lead realize that what they are doing is important to you.

3. Be a better wife and mother. I'm always working on those things. Those are most important to me...but I sure can improve a lot.
The handsomest big guy and little guy in the world. I'm so blessed!
December 25, 2011


4. Be a better person and friend. I'm reading Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I hope it will be a life-changing book and help me have better relationships with people. Even though it's not a religious book, it's very Christ-like in that he essentially says that we need to focus on others more instead of ourselves. Dale studied successful people throughout the ages...which helped him come to his conclusions that he wrote about.

5. This is related to #1. Follow through better with the promptings the Spirit gives me. I think the number one person I flake out on is God. I've felt Him encouraging me to grow and stretch myself a lot over the last few years (or shall I say my life?). I'm starting to get complacent with the little bit of growth I've done in the last year...but I know He wants me to go further. The best thing about God is that although He knows our potential and expects so much out of us, He lets us grow at our own pace. I just know that He would like me to pick up the pace a little...but I also feel like He's not going to push me like He has done in the past. He wants me to want to do it. So I need to do the things He has asked me to do and not flake out on Him.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's nice to see pictures of your family again (not to pressure you)! And those sound like good goals. I had no idea you were a flake, so I guess that means I'm pretty important ;) Love ya!

Mandy Summers said...

I am also happy to see your family again! Spencer and Evelynn already look different! And that is why you need to blog (I am pressuring you:) so I can keep up on my little nieces and nephews!

Missy said...

Great goals! Some ladies in my ward are doing a 12 week challenge...one of them is no sweets!!! Hopefully some of them turn into habits. :)

Michelle Elise said...

Angie! You are so great. And I adore the first picture of your 4 little ones! I was able to visit Rach at Christmas and it made me miss you and Jennie even more!