Tuesday, January 08, 2013

This and That Tuesday

Or is it This and That Thursday?

Whatever.

Earlier today I was in a grumbly sort of mood. The kids were complaining a lot and I was complaining to them about their complaining. Hmmm. I wonder where they picked up that bad habit from. So I decided that we really needed to take advantage of the nice weather outside and go to the neighborhood park.


That helped so much. So does Spencer's nap that he's taking right now.

This was taken today. Yes, it's January and in the mid-50s outside.
We might have to go back again tomorrow while the weather holds.
And so does some free time for myself while the kids actually play happily together. Yay for moments like this. I don't feel like I'm going to bite someone's head off anymore.

...............

I've started writing a regular blog post for the Patterson Orthodontics blog...about being a mom. It's actually something I've been wanting to do for a long time and I've just been to hesitant to do it.

I started the monthly Motherhood Moments posts. Many of the other ones, admittedly, come from a dental social media source. But I decided to do this monthly feature to keep a connection with the women in our community. One time a couple years ago, Rob asked me what I would like to do. And I replied that I would like to share more what I've learned with people, especially things I've learned that can help other moms and other parents.

...............

Fairytales have been on my mind lately, so I decided to read this fable to them after I stopped several quarrels before breakfast yesterday morning.

The North Wind and The Sun

Now when the kids start yelling at each other to try to get their way, I ask them if they want to be like the Wind or the Sun. It's been really helpful.

.................


As a family, were really trying to eat more raw foods and less meat. I have successfully not bought ground beef for several months. But yesterday I broke down and bought some because it was on sale. And I'm craving (and I know my family won't object) some of my MIL's meatloaf. But this recipe also is looking really good...I better go thaw some meat.


1 comment:

Missy said...

I need your recipes! I can't believe you went that long without beef. I'm so over this cold weather! I want to go to the park!